More from the State Capitol.
1. Senate Chamber. All the circular stained glass windows at the top are designed to look like sunflowers. ^_^
2. More Senate Chamber walls…they are actually really intricately carved, and it’s real pretty.
3. State seal
4. House chamber.
5. In the dungeons.
7.. Outside on the grounds, there was a huge demonstration for “religious freedom.” I overheard someone say that they were expecting over 2,000 people. There’s a huge banner on the facade of the building that says “Stand for religious freedom.” There were a lot of Tea Party types there, the kind who wear polo shirts with American flags/Constitutional phrases on them. I have a feeling the the term “religious freedom” means something different to them than it does to me…I took a video of this also, but Tumblr is being a dick today.
Oh, and pretty much everywhere in the building there are huge signs reminding people that they can’t bring guns inside. :P
Holy crap what a day to visit! And those ceilings and that seal!!!
- confusedmonkey likes this
- killingcarrie reblogged this from fuckyeahkansas and added:
- fuckyeahkansas reblogged this from hey-lady-wanderlust
- dracadancer reblogged this from hey-lady-wanderlust
- diademuerto8 reblogged this from hey-lady-wanderlust and added:
- diademuerto8 likes this
- capaillgorm likes this
- hey-lady-wanderlust posted this